Social Activation Services for Families with Children
The Supporting Selected Types of Social Services in the Central Bohemian Region III. project, reg. no.: CZ.03.2.60/0.0/0.0/15_005/0014160 is financed by the European Social Fund via the Operational Programme Employment.
About the provided service:
Type of service: Social Activation Services for Families with Children
The goal of the service is to provide people from the target group support in acquiring competencies in the field of raising and educating children, support them in learning parental behaviour, managing the household and finances, provide them with contact and support in acquiring competencies in dealing with authorities, schools, and school facilities. And further provide people from the target group support in managing difficult life and social events. The project focuses on supporting selected types of social services, especially social prevention services in the Central Bohemian Region.
Areas of provision:
- the town of Slaný and its surroundings – Mexiko rooming house, Kreibichova St., Luka rooming house, Finnish houses Nosačická St., Palaba rooming house, Trpoměchy, Zlonice, Výšinek, Velvary.
Who is the service intended for?
- children and youth aged 6 to 26 endangered by socially undesirable phenomena,
- people living in socially excluded communities,
- people living a high-risk way of life or endangered by such a way of life,
- families with child/children,
- ethnic minorities.
What the service offered?
It is a registered social service in accordance with § 65 of Act No. 108/2006 Coll. On Social Services, provided in Slaný and its surroundings, in which we offer in-the-field and outpatient support to families which have found themselves in a critical social situation which they cannot overcome without help and which endangers their children´s development.
- educational, instructional, and activation activities (work education activity with children – support of parents´ competencies in children´s education, preparing children for school at home, finding suitable hobby groups and leisure time activities for children),
- work education activity with adults (e.g. supporting and practicing parental behaviour including managing the household and finances, supporting and practicing social competencies in dealing with authorities, schools, school facilities),
- practicing and strengthening the child´s motor, mental, and social abilities and skills,
- ensuring the conditions and providing support for adequate children´s education,
- ensuring the conditions for socially acceptable leisure time activities – providing contact with the social environment (walking children to school, school facility, to the doctor, to hobby groups, and back),
- social therapeutic activities – socio-therapeutic activities the provision of which leads to the development or maintenance of personal and social abilities and skills supporting one´s social inclusion,
- assistance with exercising rights, legitimate interests, and handling personal matters (assistance with handling personal matters),
- assistance with restoring or strengthening contact with the family and support during other activities supporting one´s social inclusion.
Field work office hours:
Outpatient office hours:
Principles of provision:
- the service is provided FREE OF CHARGE
- clients are led towards autonomy,
- the worker treats every user individually in accordance with his/her needs, abilities, resources, social situation, and personal plans,
- the client´s decision regarding the choice of solution to his unfavourable situation is fully respected by the workers,
- the service workers provide their assistance to users independently and inform them that they do not have the powers of a civil servant,
- the worker does not side with anyone when dealing with the users, and treats all users equally,
- all workers fulfil qualification requirements in accordance with Act No. 108/2006 Coll., on social services and continuously educate themselves.
Hana Joglová – Head of Social Service
Phone: +420 778 481 729
Where to find us:
The Social Activation Services for Families with Children – Central Bohemian Region social service is being provided since 1. 1. 2013.
The Supporting Selected Types of Social Services in the Central Bohemian Region III. project is being realized from 1. 1. 2020 to 31. 12. 2020. The project loosely follows up on the Social Services Slaný II. project, which took place from 1. 1. 2016 to 31. 12. 2019.