The Supporting Selected Types of Social Services in the Central Bohemian Region III. project, reg. no: CZ.03.2.60/0.0/0.0/15_005/0014160 is financed by the European Social Fund via the Operational Programme Employment.
About the service:
Type of service: Social rehabilitation
The goal of the provided social service was to eliminate or mitigate the impact of social exclusion on the lives of the social service users (people who are socially excluded or at risk of social exclusion). To support and help the service users find employment, develop, and become independent, expand their knowledge on social benefits and support, increase their motivation in handling their financial commitments (debts and over-indebtedness), teach the users how to plan household expenses, increase their knowledge about housing, increase the service user´s knowledge of the specific topic that is being handled as part of his individual contract and help provide follow-up services. All this with the aim of facilitate their integration into society. The project focuses on supporting selected types of social services, particularly social prevention services in the Central Bohemian Region.
Who is the service intended for?
- people older than 18
- people living in socially excluded communities
- people living a high-risk way of life or endangered by such a way of life
- ethnic minorities
What the service offered
It is a registered social service in accordance with § 70 of Act No. 108/2006 Coll. On Social Services, provided in Slaný and its surroundings, the purpose of which is to advise and support clients in:
- the issue of social benefits
- resuming work
- handling debts
- setting the household budget
- looking for acceptable housing
- and other matters of daily life
The basis is the Kitchenette programme, in which mainly mothers who have found themselves in strained circumstances for a long period can learn how to buy affordable but good quality groceries and then cook together meals which do not put a strain on the budget, but are tasty and nutritious, and can then take them home. The service clients learn during shopping and cooking to manage their finances carefully and utilize them efficiently.
When participating in the kitchenette or dealing with their contract, parents may put their children into a playroom available at the branch.
Outpatient office hours:
Field work office hours:
Principles of provision:
- services are provided FREE OF CHARGE,
- clients are led towards autonomy,
- the worker treats every user individually in accordance with his/her needs, abilities, resources, social situation, and personal plans,
- the client´s decision regarding the choice of solution to his unfavourable situation is fully respected by the workers,
- the service workers provide their assistance to users independently and inform them that they do not have the powers of a civil servant,
- the worker does not side with anyone when dealing with the users, and treats all users equally,
- all workers fulfil qualification requirements in accordance with Act No. 108/2006 Coll., on social services and continuously educate themselves.
Hana Joglová – Head of Social Service
Phone: +420 778 481 729
Where to find us:
- Complaints, Inputs, and Remarks Form
- Service Information Flyer
- Service Rules
- Complaints and Their Handling
The Social Rehabilitation – Central Bohemian Region social service is being provided since 1. 6. 2013.
The Supporting Selected Types of Social Services in the Central Bohemian Region III. project is being implemented from 1. 1. 2020 to 31. 12. 2020. The project loosely follows up on the Social Services Romodrom Slaný II. project, which took place from 1. 1. 2016 to 31. 12. 2019.