Refugee support (with UNHCR)
The project is funded by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees based in the Czech Republic (The UN Refugee Agency).
The aim of the project is to provide protection and necessary information for Ukrainian Roma refugees/asylum seekers currently in or likely to arrive in the Czech Republic, and to assist with the integration of individuals who settle in the Czech Republic through:
- Monitoring the main areas of presence of Ukrainian Roma refugees/asylum seekers;
- providing social and legal assistance/advice and referrals to the relevant body
- analysing the specific needs of the Roma population and the dynamics of movement within and outside the Czech Republic.
Who is the project for?
The project aims to help Ukrainian refugees of Roma origin who are fleeing Ukraine. The project will cover the whole Czech Republic, which is divided into 3 main regions where the target groups are most located:
- Moravian-Silesian Region
- Pilsen Region and Karlovy Vary Region.
- Central Bohemia Region, South Moravia Region and Vysočina Region
- Depending on the development of the situation, other regions may also be covered.
The project focuses on:
- Ukrainian Roma refugees who have received temporary protection;
- Ukrainian Roma asylum seekers awaiting confirmation of temporary protection, including those who are accommodated and including those who are placed in temporary accommodation established by the authorities;
- people of Roma origin who have not been granted temporary protection but are still in the Czech Republic and are vulnerable.
What the project offers:
- Process of identification and registration of Ukrainian Roma refugees/asylum seekers;
- Humanitarian assistance and support for the integration of refugee groups.
- In all locations, social workers will provide clients with social support and counselling to help them deal with their situation. Social workers will work individually with clients to identify their needs and a weekly community plan will be developed for each site.
Social worker support will also include:
- Contact with institutions (e.g. employment office, banks...) to fill in online and offline administrative forms;
- Promoting a better understanding of the localities and their surroundings, understanding local systems and processes (e.g. public transport, labour market, cultural practices...) and more globally understanding the main administrative and social aspects of the CR;
- Mediation of contacts with families in Ukraine;
- Transportation to institutional appointments, medical consultations when visiting far away cities and services.
Who to contact:
Mgr. Maria Potapova, DiS. - Project Manager
Mobile: +420 608 375 380
The project is implemented in the period from 01.01.2023 to 31.12.2023.